Health Care Reform Experts
The passage of health care reform by way of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has been a source of frustration for many employers and attempting to fully understand its impact on businesses has created a challenge. As such, Assurance’s focus over the past year has been to provide our clients resources to assist them in making informed decisions about their health insurance plans. Updates and educational efforts have included seminars, webinars and client notices, as well as individual consultations, some of which are outlined below.
- ACA email notice: Employee Exchange and COBRA Notices
- ACA email notice: May Roundup
- Kurt Murray, John Rutledge and Mark Lam give advice to staffing companies on the ACA penalties
- Daily Herald Business Ledger Q&A with ACA Expert Mark Lam
- Staffing ACA Regulatory Provisions Forum (4/11)
- ACA email notice: Cost Sharing Limitation FAQs
- ACA email notice: Department of Labor FAQs
- ACA email notice: Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services updated definition of "religious employer"
- Health Care Reform: FAQ
- Health Care Reform: Regulation Updates Webinar (1/29) - Get the presentation slides here!
2012 HCR in Review
- Election Result: Business as Usual
- ACA safe harbors for determining full-time employee status (staffing)
- Assurance's stance on the Affordable Care Act
- Affordable Care Act Webinar Series
- Webinar: Health Care Reform - Game On! (8/28) - Get the recording.
- Webinar: Health Care Reform - Pay or Play? (9/27) - Get the recording.
- Webinar: Health Care Reform - Do the Math (10/16) - Get the recording.
- Webinar: Health Care Reform - Avoiding Penalties (11/13) - Get the recording.
- Webinar: Employee Benefit Changes as a Result of the Affordable Care Act (8/23/12 - staffing industry)
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) DOL Release on MLR Rebates (7/24/12)
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Supreme Court Decision (6/28/12)
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Supreme Court Hearings (3/26/12 - 3/28/12)
- Webinar: Navigating Through the Changes of the Affordable Care Act (1/26/12)
Knowledge is Power
Assurance clients have our commitment that we will continue to keep them educated and informed on health care reform related changes. In fact, this year, we have already built out a health care reform education program for all clients that includes the following:
- Quarterly Assurance Edge newsletters featuring specific ACA information and guidance
- Quarterly Assurance University seminars and webinars highlighting the significant changes of ACA and its impact on businesses
- Ongoing notices and compliance alerts providing timely updates on final regulations
- Regular updates and articles posted on-line addressing questions and concerns
- Access to resources to assist with calculating the impact both from a compliance and financial standpoint