9 Things You Need to Know About Wedding Insurance
Insure Your Big Day for Better or Worse
Is it a good idea to have wedding insurance? Let’s put it this way. It’s a good idea to have a smart solution for families who have more to protect on the happiest day of their lives. Wedding insurance is about being smarter about risk and protecting an engaged couple’s investment in the event of a runaway bride or worse. It’s about having that peace of mind on your honeymoon when you know there will be no friction in case of a claim.
Here are the 9 things you need to know about wedding insurance:
- Location, location, location! It will cover the venue. A policy covers the costs of unavoidable cancellation—damage to the venue—and if the venue is in an unusable condition due to fire, an electrical outage or has closed. Some policies will also cover the rehearsal dinner site as well.
- It can’t predict the weather, but it accounts for it. If weather conditions prevent the bride, groom or relatives whose presence is essential to the wedding or majority of the guests from arriving to the wedding site, a wedding policy covers the cost of rescheduling the event, including all details, such as flowers and food.
- It cares about what you're wearing. A policy pays to repair or replace special attire if lost, stolen or damaged.
- It’s aware that life happens. In case of a military or job transfer… Insurance covers the postponement of the wedding due to the bride or groom being called into military duty or forced to make a last-minute job transfer.
- It knows all you’ll have left after will be the memories and your photos. It covers the cost of retaking photographs if the photographer fails to show up or if image negatives are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Well, the memories, photos and video. A policy pays to have a video montage created, video compilation of photographs or retaking the video using restaging techniques if the video is damaged.
- It won’t show up without a gift. A policy pays for the cost of repairing or replacing non-monetary gifts that are lost, stolen or damaged.
- It will take care of the drunk uncle. A policy covers bodily injury or property damage caused by accidents that occur during the wedding.
- It’ll follow you to your honeymoon. Certain policies include optional travel insurance for the honeymoon.
Take 15 minutes to speak with us about premium private insurance and the best options for an upcoming wedding.
- Private Insurance Flyer
- Want to Build a Dream House?
- Insure Smooth Sailing
- Are You Covered If Your Housekeeper Sues You?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR