Becoming a Better Healthcare Consumer
Shopping for Preventative Care
How can you help your employees combat the rising costs of healthcare? Begin by helping them become more informed consumers. The actual cost of medical services and procedures is staggering. And it’s no secret that each year healthcare costs continue to rise exponentially.
Why play a more active role in helping your employees understand the costs of their medical services and procedures? Well the answer is simple, why not? By helping them adopt a more consumer-minded approach to healthcare, the same way they think about other consumer goods, they’re more inclined to think through quality, costs and overall value. After all, no one would buy a new big screen television or car without feeling like they’re getting the very best price, so why wouldn’t they shop around for healthcare too?
Regardless of what medical plan your company is enrolled in, learning to practice healthcare consumerism needs to become a natural part of your employees’ daily routines. Understanding that they’re likely paying more for things like prescription drugs, basic medical services, higher cost scans (MRIs), etc. is important in saving money long-term. Does anyone really want to spend money unnecessarily?
Your role is to help your employees…
- Gain an awareness of what healthcare consumerism really is and why it needs to be a true priority in their lives
- Understand the importance of preventive care (or their annual physical)
- Have an “ah ha moment” on saving money on their medical care (e.g. prescriptions, high cost scans, etc.)
- Get to know cutting edge tools and resources
To begin the journey of becoming a better healthcare consumer, contact an Assurance advisor today.
- Flash Sale - 100% Off a Colonoscopy
- Assurance Calculator: Total Cost of Employee Benefits
- Employee Benefits, Easy as 1-2-3 Webinar
- Human Resources E-Book
ABOUT THE AUTHOR