Best Place to Work Doesn’t Mean Best Place to Perk
FOUR TRUTHS ABOUT WORKPLACE CULTURE
What makes a company a Best Place to Work? Here’s a hint. It’s not ping-pong tables, free food and crazy parties. These features are all objectively great and Assurance, for one, wouldn’t be the same without them. But these are not what make a company culture great.
Here are four basic truths about award-winning company cultures:
1. It’s Not About the Perks (even though they’re still pretty sweet)
Top workplaces are those where employees trust their leaders, are proud of their work and company, and enjoy the people around them.
2. We Actually Work (like really hard)
Friends and family often ask our employees “if we ever actually do work.” We do. And the work is both immensely challenging and rewarding.
3. People Aren’t Magically Happy
We face conflicts – probably at the same rate as any other organization. The difference between a great culture and a mediocre one is how you work through those conflicts.
4. You Get What You Give
At Assurance, we look for “participative” employees because we know that the more an employee puts in, the more they’ll get out.
If you’re looking to build a great culture, you need to forge relationships between leaders and employees, between employees and their co-workers and between employees and your company’s purpose.
Questions? Contact a member of the ‘A’ Team today.
- A Baby Boomer and a Gen Y'er Walk Into an Office
- Now It's Personal: How to Personalize Employee Recognition
- How a Wellness Program Can Help Employee Engagement
- Employee Benefits Case Study