I love insightful life lessons captured in simple statements. I believe a great ideology boiled down to an easily understood phrase is incredibly profound.
For examples of this, my favorite person to cite is Warren Buffet. In business, I live by many of his simple ideologies. If you’re an avid reader of the blog, you probably already know this. I previously wrote a popular post about my five favorite statements from the “Oracle of Omaha.”
This time, I thought I’d share with you my top 10 life lessons from those other than Mr. Buffet, since I could probably make a top 100 quotes of his alone. Here are my 10 favorite (non-Warren Buffet) quotes.
- “Be the first in line for work assignments and the last in line for rewards.” – Phil Chimino (my dad)
- “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
- “Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit and winners never quit and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi
- "You don’t lead by hitting people over the head. That’s assault, not leadership.” – Dwight Eisenhower
- “Measure twice, cut once.” – Phil Chimino
- “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than trying to solve them.” – Henry Ford
- “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” – Franklin Roosevelt (also nicely placed in the song, “Cult of Personality”)
- “The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “The buck stops here.” – Harry Truman
I hope each of you have some favorite phrases and ideologies that guide your own actions. There are some great ones out there. If you need a few, I’m happy to share some Tony Chimino originals.
- “There’s no physical ailment in the world that a little new business can’t cure.”
- “Our people leave on a Friday, and we have to seduce them back on Monday.”
- “Less talk, more do.”
- “You’re only on this rock one time.” (Pretty sure I plagiarized this one.)
- Is Your Collector Car Properly Insured?
- Protect What Matters to You with Object ID
- Want to Build a Dream House?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR