Manage Your Time at Work Effectively
As a leader in your organization, time can be a precious thing. Though you may be present at work for eight or nine hours (on a good day), you may not be making the most of those hours day-to-day. However, by prioritizing your time, you can start managing it more wisely and get more done (in less time, too).
8 Ways to Manage Time Wisely
- Determine your priorities. These will be the things that are most important and bring the most value to your organization. These are also items that have rigid deadlines or involve commitments to and by others.
- Identify your best time of day to get priority work done successfully.
- Use your calendar or planner for to-do lists and to stay organized. Manage your calendar by establishing time limits for tasks and following up immediately.
- Create a deadline for each task.
- Avoid writing to-do items on sticky notes and placing them all about, as these can easily be misplaced.
- Make all of your phone calls during a specific time of day, and establish a time limit for each call before making it.
- Leave clear and detailed voicemail messages for others so you receive the responses that you were aiming for when they call back.
- Make sure your workspace is organized and important information is easily accessible.
Check out our Business Insights Blog for more leadership tips and tricks!
- Human Resources E-Book
- Organization: A Key to Leadership Success
- You’ve Got Voicemail
- Organize Spontaneity!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR