Minimize Your Risk: Liability E-Book
We’re excited to share our Liability E-Book with you. This e-book will help you understand several different liability coverages and follow lawsuit prevention best practices. To give you a sneak peek at what’s in store, here are seven ways your organization can help minimize the risk of an employment practices claim:
- Review any loss exposures with your insurance broker and purchase adequate EPL insurance.
- Develop a comprehensive handbook complete with company and employment policies and procedures, as well as rules for disciplining and terminating an employee; all employees must be required to read the handbook and sign a statement.
- Create a detailed job description that clearly defines expectations of skills and performance.
- Develop a screening and hiring process that involves background checks to weed out unsuitable candidates.
- Make a job offer in writing specifying position, duties, salary, vacation accrual and stipulations of any bonus or incentive pay.
- Conduct periodical performance reviews and require self-assessments carefully noting the results in a well-kept employee file.
- Institute a zero tolerance policy for discrimination, substance abuse and any form of harassment; there also needs to be an open door policy in which employees can report infractions.
Minimize your risk of EPL or D&O claim. Download your complimentary copy now.
If you'd like to speak to one of our ‘A’ Team experts, contact us – we’re happy to help! Want more? Check out our other e-books to help minimize risk while maximizing health:
- Eliminating Your Risk with Directors & Officers Liability
- Corporate Accountability 101: Directors and Officers Liability
- Privacy Liability: Understanding What It Is and Claim Examples
- Reporting Requirements of EPL Policies
ABOUT THE AUTHOR