One-Minute Stretches for Improved Employee Health
Improve Employee Health in Seconds
Working in a manufacturing or recycling facility all day can take a physical toll on your employees. Ensuring they’re comfortable and healthy can make a difference in both productivity and workers’ compensation claims. Encouraging a quick break to stretch out aching muscles can be just the recharge needed to stay focused and safe in the workplace. Within a minute, employees can loosen strains with quick and easy stretches. Share the following tips with them:
- Lower your ear to your shoulder and then roll your chin onto your chest. Then, roll it up to the other shoulder and back again. Repeat this exercise five times.
- Turn your head and look over your shoulder. Hold this position for five seconds. Repeat this exercise five times for each side.
Hands and Wrists
- Circle your wrists inward and then outward. Repeat this exercise ten times in each direction.
- Spread your fingers widely and hold this position for five seconds. Repeat this exercise five times.
- Clench your fists, stretch your hands out parallel to the ground and do ten wrist circles in each direction.
- Extend your arm to the floor and push your fingers with your opposite hand towards your body. Hold this stretch for five seconds and then switch hands.
Upper Back and Shoulders
- Move your arms over your head in a climbing motion. Repeat this exercise ten times for both arms.
- Circle your shoulders forward and backward. Repeat this exercise ten times in each direction.
- Inhale and shrug your shoulders to your ears. Hold for five seconds and release.
- Grab your right elbow with your left hand and stretch your arm across your chest. Hold this position for five seconds and switch to your other arm.
- Stretch your arms around the opposite shoulder blade and give yourself a hug.
- Hug your legs with your arms while sitting, allowing your chest to rest on your legs.
- Bend to one side while sitting in your chair. Hold this position for ten seconds and then repeat on the other side.
- Rotate your body to one side and hold this position for ten seconds. Then, do the same on the other side.
- Stand up with your hands supporting your lower back. Then, arch your back slightly for five seconds. Repeat three to five more times.
- Stretch your legs in front of you and point and flex your toes ten times.
Allow your employees short breaks to stretch out and avoid injury. Your bottom line will thank you!
- Wellness ROI & Beyond Webinar Recording
- Back Pain: Prevention and Relief
- Winning With Wellness Webinar Recording
ABOUT THE AUTHOR