ROE - Return on Engagement
At Assurance we’ve been fortunate enough to be recognized more than 75 times in the past decade for our happy employees and excellent corporate culture. But, how do we make this happen? Sure, we offer great benefits and unique perks, but that’s not enough to win. In fact, these awards come from our employees’ collective perception of our organization. Their anonymous participation in these surveys is where we found out what it’s really all about: engagement.
While, some benefits and perks cost money, others are just forward thinking policies that keep our employees happy. Things like more flexible schedules, casual days or allowing employees to telecommute go a long way in their eyes. I know these don’t sound earth shattering. But, here’s the funny thing: Our version of this Best Place to Work philosophy has paid real dividends for us in numerous ways. It’s in what I like to call our Return on Engagement (ROE):
- Growth Rate: Our organic growth rate is 2.1 times the industry benchmark.
- Client Satisfaction: 98% of our clients surveyed would recommend our services.
- Increased Recruiting and Employee Retention: A recent survey of our employees stated that 97% would recommend Assurance as an employer to their family and friends.
- Reputation: Positive relationship impact, other companies prefer to work with people who live out strong values.
As we enter an age where millennials, a generation of job hoppers, are the majority of the workforce it’s important to focus on more than just profit margins. And as an insurance broker, it’s our vision to show employers that creating a best place to work will provide generous ROE and ROI in the long-run.
- Employee Engagement Q&A Video: Part 1
- Employee Engagement Prevents Stealing
- Don't Let Age Interfere with Workplace Relationships
ABOUT THE AUTHOR