The Code to a Successful Employee Benefits Plan
In technology, open architecture allows potential users to see inside all or parts of the architecture without any constraints. It’s published based on what the developer wants to share, and arguments are made to the pros and cons of that sharing. However, Assurance’s open architecture isn’t about sharing code, it’s about sharing another form of code – our code to a successful employee benefits plan.
We believe there must be an overarching blueprint or road map to your benefits program’s success. It takes a collective effort of multiple mindsets to execute this road map including employers, brokers and partners.
Here’s a sampling of Assurance’s own blueprint to success:
Top Down Buy-in
- Adopt a culture of health and wellness
- Be proactive instead of reactive
- Make health and wellness part of all company communications
- Educate employees on the importance of early detection
- Promote the low to no cost preventative visits included in medical, dental and vision plans
- Communicate the importance of establishing a relationship with your Primacy Care Physician
- Teach employees how to become smarter healthcare consumers
- Engage employees on the financial benefits of Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Experience lower claim costs as employees spend their own money on healthcare expenses
- Identify utilization trends that can be addressed with communication, wellness or plan design changes
- Conduct an ongoing analysis and review it at least semi-annually
- Review biometric results to understand previously unknown risk factors and predict future risks
For more information on developing your organization’s road map to success, contact a member of the ‘A’ Team.
- Blueprint to Success
- Know It. Prevent It. Do It.
- Becoming a Better Healthcare Consumer
- Partially Self-Funded Medical Plans are Like a Great Chili
ABOUT THE AUTHOR