There's Always More to Learn in the Benefits World
As an employee benefits professional, I’ve been conducting open enrollment meetings for more years than I care to admit. Each year, you finish thinking you‘ve covered every topic and heard all there is to say. However, I’ve found there’s always more to learn in the benefits world.
Employee benefits is an ever-changing landscape. Employers are often changing benefits to stay in front of trends and comply with mandates, while the ultimate goal of making their employees healthier and happier remains the same.
Gone are the days of only having to attend one open enrollment meeting and then the information disappears into thin air. Convenience has become key. I now can go to my portal, listen to Alex, read a high level and impactful summary of my benefits and attend a meeting.
To be a true champion of my benefits and strategic partner for my clients, I need to pay better attention to Assurance’s own benefit offerings. I want to improve meetings, increase engagement and advise on the real impact of our recommendations.
I took off my employee benefits professional hat and sat through my open enrollment and listened as an engaged consumer. Then it hit me harder than a $5,000 deductible. Even as someone who knows benefits, I needed to hear this:
- My employer truly does care about me and wants me to be healthy.
- Our benefit package is really competitive, and I should appreciate it.
- We’re getting a new benefit that could save me and my family time and money.
- I need to start thinking more about financial planning and my future.
- My HSA is my money, and I need to spend it wisely to get the best possible outcome.
- I could save money on my premium by completing a few simple steps.
Even if we’ve heard things a million times, you never know the impact of hearing it or reading it a little differently or at a different point in your life. For a deeper dive into employee benefits communication, talk to the ‘A’ Team.
- Three Ways to Build a Learning Culture
- The Evolution of the Employee Benefits Broker
- Um, I Don’t Get It!?
- Communication - A Year-Round Pastime
ABOUT THE AUTHOR