Upcoming 2019 OSHA Safety Deadlines
With the holidays behind us, we all venture into the new year and start thinking about our initiatives for the next 12 months. When making these plans and mapping out the route for the year, it’s important to remember the longstanding items with upcoming deadlines.
1. 2018 OSHA Summary 300A Forms are required to be completed (with average number of employees and total hours worked for the year) and posted in your facility by February 1.
a. 300A forms should be posted at each facility, even if you maintain them all at a corporate office.
b. Any construction sites that are active longer than a year also need to have their own 300 log and 300A form.
c. For staffing agencies, posting and completion is still required but typically includes only your office staff.
d. For any organizations that utilize or supervise temporary employees, any injuries that occurred to those employees should be included as well as their total hours worked.
2. For any companies required to electronically submit their OSHA 300A data directly to OSHA, the 2019 deadline to submit is March 2.
a. This applies to all facilities with 20-249 employees in high risk industries and any facility with over 250 employees.
Although not a deadline, OSHA also recently released the updated maximum penalty amounts for 2019. With the most current adjustment for inflation, willful/repeat violations have increased to $132,598 per violation and serious/other-than-serious violations have increased to $13,260.
For all safety or OSHA questions and concerns, our safety advocates are here for you.
- White Paper: OSHA Crystalline Silica Standards for General Industry
- OSHA Electronic Reporting Webinar Q&A
- A Refresher on OSHA’s Recordkeeping Requirements
- 3 Steps to an OSHA Inspection
ABOUT THE AUTHOR