Video: Will Your Staffing Company Step Up to the Wellness Challenge?
It's no secret that by implementing workplace health initiatives, companies can take a proactive measure in reducing health care and workers' compensation costs. According to a recent study by the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, an effective workplace wellness program could reduce average annual costs per working-age adult by $649.09 or 18.4%.
Wellness in the Staffing Realm
But how can a staffing company implement a successful program with a dispersed workforce? Here are a few tips and tricks to get you winning with offsite wellness initiatives.
- Distribute safety, health and nutrition tips to employees through social media, text, payroll stuffersetc.
- Offer partial reimbursements for gym memberships and fitness equipment purchases
- Provide incentives to employees who fulfill health-related goals or remain free from injury for an established amount of time
- Provide online and telephone health coaching
- Implement a smoking cessation program with online tools
Join the Challenge
A specific campaign that can work for staffing agencies is the one Assurance is currently pursuing with its own employees. In 2013, we're challenging the entire company to complete an accredited 5k walk or run. If we reach our goal of at least 85% participation, a bonus will be paid out to all employees at the end of the year. Additionally, we provide several race reimbursement options, including charity sponsorships.
Employees can follow our "Couch to 5k" program to train for a 5k. Through this program, we provide various webinars/seminars, training calendars as well as apps and consistent communication pieces. We also host our own accredited Assurance 5k each September.
Check out our video aimed at getting both employers and our own employees rallied around this challenge.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR