Who Doesn't Want to Be a Superhero?
How data analytics can work for your employee benefits
Knowledge equals power, and with the cost of healthcare on the rise, now more than ever we need to be informed. When talking to larger employers that are moving their employee benefits to Assurance, it always surprises me how often they haven’t been provided a full picture of what they’re spending on healthcare, what they’ll spend in the future and how to control costs by looking at their data. After all, it’s their information!
The idea of insurance analytics has been around for some time, but there’s been a big improvement in technology which means access is easier, more detail is provided and it’s becoming more impactful.
Insurance shouldn’t be a price-only decision. Employers can and should use their data to make business decisions that will minimize risk and maximize health within their organizations.
With the help of a great team supporting you, your data analytics, integrated with a strategic plan, can achieve the following:
- Support targeted education and communication campaigns that effectively speak to the needs of your employees and inform change
- Analyze procedures, diagnoses and providers to ensure optimal outcomes and utilization
- Benchmark plan performance to industry trends
- Design wellness programs to improve health and behaviors
- Support cost containment strategies
It’s time to turn on the lights and start taking advantage of the information at our fingertips – Assurance can help. Being informed allows us to go from Clark Kent to Superman and who doesn’t want to be a superhero?
- There's Always More to Learn in the Benefits World
- The Lost Art of Conversation
- The Next Level of Wellness
ABOUT THE AUTHOR