Why Your Not For Profit Needs a Nurse Triage Hotline
To learn more about implementing a 24/7 nurse triage, contact an ‘A’ Team member today!
Not For Profits should always be searching for ways to reduce workers’ compensation costs. At Assurance, we’ve seen positive results from clients implementing a 24/7 nurse triage hotline. This risk management strategy can lower claims 15-20%, reduce costs 25-30% and eliminate lag time reporting which often increases claims cost by 3%.
Nurse Triage provides a blueprint for safe delivery of patient care. When an injury occurs, the injured volunteer or supervisor places a call to a hotline. Telephone triage is the process of systematically and thoroughly assessing a patient, then developing and implementing a plan of care based on the assessment. With this approach, the employer/insurance carrier is aware of the injured employee or volunteer and can better handle claims. This, in turn, keeps workers’ compensation costs down.
Wondering what some key benefits of a 24/7 nurse triage hotline are? Check them out:
- Reduces both direct and indirect costs
- Provides a quick, easy and cost-efficient way to immediately report injuries
- Sends a clear message that you care about volunteer health and safety
- Reduces lag time reporting
- Lowers experience mods
- Reduces litigation
- Reduces claims frequency and severity
- Avoids doctor and emergency room visits
- Helps volunteers and/employees recover and return to work quicker
- Utilizes preferred provider networks
- Provides employers with notice of injury within minutes
- Generates incident and injury data so your Not For Profit can better focus on safety and injury prevention
- Records call for case documentation, quality assurance and fraud deterrence and defense
- Claims Triage and Its Role in Reducing Workers’ Compensation
- Using Social Media in Claims Investigations
- Nurse Triage: A Superhero?
- Not For Profit Blog
- Not For Profit Industry Page
- Not For Profit Webinar Replays
- Not For Profit Library Resources
ABOUT THE AUTHOR