Schaumburg, Ill. (December 26, 2017) – Michael DeCaigny, principal at Assurance, has been selected as one of Illinois Road and Transportation Builders Association's (IRTBA) 2018 Board of Directors.
IRTBA’s core mission is to advance and promote the transportation design and construction industry in Illinois. Members also strive to achieve the organization’s goals, which consist of:
- Advocacy: IRTBA will be the successful leader and advocate for stimulating increased funding at all levels for the transportation design and construction industry in Illinois.
- Business Improvement: IRTBA will be its members’ indispensable resource for networking, training, education and business services.
- Communication: IRTBA will be the recognized authoritative public voice and credible information source for the transportation design and construction industry in Illinois.
- Diversity: IRTBA will play an active role in addressing diversity within the industry.
- Environment: IRTBA will be a leader in establishing and implementing sensible and innovative environmental practices.
“With almost 30 years of experience insuring construction and transportation companies, Michael has a strong understanding of the industry. We’re excited for him to continue sharing his knowledge with IRTBA members and representing Assurance on their Board of Directors,” shared Michael Alberico, senior vice president and construction practice leader at Assurance.
Michael will advise the Board on insurance and surety issues, as well as represent the industry's concerns as it relates to insurance and surety when working with the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, Illinois Department of Transportation and other public and private entities.
About the Illinois Road and Transportation Builders Association
The Illinois Road and Transportation Builders Association (IRTBA) has spent 80 years as the leading transportation industry trade association in Illinois. IRTBA member firms design, build, and maintain the state highways, transit systems, railways and aviation systems. The core purpose of IRTBA's existence is to advance and promote the transportation design and construction industry in Illinois.
Assurance is among the largest and most awarded independent insurance brokerages in the United States. A “Top 50” independent broker and repeated “Best Place to Work” winner, Assurance places coverage for all lines of business and personal insurance, employee benefits and retirement services. Visit Assurance at www.assuranceagency.com.